Put Power Behind Your Facebook Posts :
Did you know that there’s an algorithm behind Facebook’s newsfeed? What you read there doesn’t just magically appear; it is placed in accordance to an algorithm called EdgeRank. EdgeRank works by factoring in the following components of a Facebook post:
- Affinity – How often people interact with a page – be it a friend’s or business’s page.
- Edge Weight – The type of content being posted matters. This includes: photos, videos, status, check-ins and liking,
- Time Decay – The older a post is, the less likely the chance a person will see it.
So with EdgeRank in mind, you can use it to put power behind your business page’s Facebook posts. Follow these strategies and you will greatly boost your effectiveness.
- Posts made between 8 PM – 7 AM experience 20 percent more user interactivity.
- Fan engagement is 8 percent above average on Wednesdays.
- Posting 1-2 times per day creates 40 percent higher user interactivity.
- Posting 1-4 times per week results in 71 percent higher user engagement.
- Posts with 1-40 characters generate the highest level of engagement. And on a retail page it is especially important to keep it short, as these posts generate 86 percent more fan engagement than posts over 40 characters long. Interestingly, only 5 percent of retail Wall posts are less than 40 characters.
- Question posts generate twice as much engagement as non-question posts.
- Fill-in-the-blank posts generate nine times more Comments than any other type of post.
- Coupon posts or those with “$ off” included generate the highest level of fan engagement. Furthermore, “$ off” posts are twice as effective as “% off” ones.
By keeping EdgeRank in mind while managing your Facebook page, you’ll increase the ROI on the time you spend social networking, and we always want to stretch our dollars.