Why SEO and PPC are Two Peas in a Pod :
Many business owners think that SEO and PPC (pay-per-click) advertising are separate beasts with completely different strategies and results. Yes, there are different, but they are certainly not mutually-exclusive. In fact, we have compiled eight good reasons why SEO and PPC perform better individually when they are used together. If it helps, you can think of SEO and PPC as two sides of the same coin, and that coin is called “search.”
- Test Your Keywords with PPC – You can use PPC advertising to effectively test and refine targeted keywords. This allows your long term keyword strategy to evolve by testing the conversion rates of the keywords you choose. With the feedback you get you can alter your SEO strategy accordingly.
- Visibility on Social Networks – With social media sites like YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook, you can target ads to precise groups or demographics. The data you pull together from these social PPC campaigns could uncover hidden truths about your target audience and help you refine your SEO strategy.
- Address Negative Press – With all the review sites, status updates, tweets and “likes” people participate in online, it’s possible that someone will eventually say something negative about your company or product. What you can do is make your business the first point of visibility through SEO and PPC campaigns so you can present yourself in a positive light instead of being trumped by something negative.
- Use Site Search to Pick PPC Keywords – By using site search on your website, you can pull that data to show you what people are looking for when they are searching your site and then target those keywords on a larger scale through PPC ads.
- Combine AdWords Results with E-Commerce Feeds – Through Google you can now link to a specific product page through a PPC ad, so users can be taken directly to a page where they can make a purchase.
- Make Your Best PPC Ad Your Organic Content Strategy – By examining your best PPC ads, you can pull that info and content to create title tags, meta descriptions and page content for what you want to rank organically. PPC gives you quick feedback for what might work through SEO.
- Shared Keyword Data – If you run an organic search campaign and a PPC campaign together, you’ll be producing twice the amount of data you can analyze and more quickly determine which organic and PPC keywords yield the highest conversion rate.
- Being Visible – Perhaps the most obvious benefits to using SEO and PPC together is the increased exposure your business will have on the Internet and in search results pages. If your business dominates both organic and paid search results it will greatly increase your web traffic and establish your presence in your market.